Thursday, October 3, 2013

the best lipstick ever.

i remember spending time with my grandmother when i was growing up and i would beg to wear her lipstick.  she would allow me to put a little on before she took me to swim lessons and i think that's where my love for lipstick was born.  although lipstick wasn't a part of my regular makeup regimen until about a year ago, i now i feel naked when i'm out with friends with no lipstick.  while we were at my bachelorette party, my best friend-makeup artist-maid of honor introduced me to stila's stay all day liquid lipstick.  y'all, im the first one to call bullshhhh..(hi grandma!) on products that last "all day"- but this product is practically permanent.  i'm talking- tailgated all day and went out on the town that night then woke up the next day and it was still there.  so blogland, meet the lipstick of your dreams!



i currently own two shades, but am definitely going to purchase a few more shades next time i am at ulta!  the one pictured is fiore (bright pink) and i also own beso (bright red-perfect for Texas Tech gameday!)

i usually wear these lipsticks with a lipliner because they can tend to feather without one.  when you apply it, the applicator is similar to a normal lip gloss applicator and can be messy.  to avoid this, i wipe the applicator off really well on the sides of the top of the tube (does this make sense?) before applying.  i also try to have a couple of q-tips handy with one end wet and one end dry.  if i happen to get outside the lines of my lipliner, i take the wet end and wipe the mistake off while following immediately after with the dry end.  i should also mention that this lip color is not moisturizing and very matte.  i don't have a problem with dry lips, but if you do i would recommend either moisturizing for about thirty minutes before applying with a chapstick then applying or using a chapstick after the liquid lipstick has dried.  anytime i have tried to put on chapstick right before applying, it didn't go on well.

do you have a favorite lipstick?  i love growing my lipstick collection and am always up for recommendations!

-HH

*excuse my horrible iphone pictures- I have a big fancy camera but keep forgetting to charge it!  i plan on whipping it out this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment