Friday, February 14, 2014

happy valentine's day.

happy valentine's day!
 
I am so thankful to have my husband as my valentine this year, but can't help but think about what our valentine's day will look like next year with a six month old- YIKES!
 

I have never been big into valentine's day.  it's not that I hate love or have a bad attitude towards it, I just don't get into it.  I am not your typical hopeless romantic girl.  yes, I have an obsession with lipstick and all things cute clothes related but I would rather drink beer and watch a game somewhere over a fancy night out.  I like going to baseball games and love to tailgate for any and all sporting events.  my husband proposed while we were playing golf and I couldn't imagine it any other way. 
 
that being said, I will 100% be that mom that goes all out on valentine's morning to remind my kids how loved they are.  every valentine's morning growing up, I woke up to a valentine's day gift bag sitting on my bathroom counter waiting on me and a breakfast cooked special for me.  I can't remember a single time in my life that I was sad about not having a valentine or sad about not having a boyfriend to buy me love gifts. 
 
when my husband asked if I wanted to do anything, I said something along the lines of, "I figured we could order pizza or thai food and just hang out at the house.  don't worry about getting me a card or gift." and he replied with, "is this a test?"  no, it's not a test.  truth be told, I ordered myself a pair of new sunglasses a few weeks ago and justified it by saying, "well this will just be my valentine's gift."  oops.
 
one thing I do think is important to remember on valentine's day is to remind the people you love that you do indeed love them and give them a few reasons why you appreciate them.  I promise that will always mean a thousand times more than any gift you could buy them.  people love to be loved!
 
Helene in Between
 

No comments:

Post a Comment